Saint James, California

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

WEST COAST!!!!!!!!!!

I dipped my toes in the Pacific Ocean, today.



It was a first. I am working, this week, in San Diego, CA. It truly is a beautiful city. Much smaller than I pictured. All I know about San Diego, I learned from the Real World: San Diego.



I will try to take more pictures and make more observations as the week goes on. For now, I will leave you with these two nuggets:

-- The desent into San Diego is hair raising! The airport is set in downtown which means we practically buzzed the skyline. Additionally, the Thrifty car rental location is directly under the landing planes (I am hoping to snap a pic tomorrow!)

-- San Diego is the SAFEST CITY IN AMERICA because of the constant military presence. Seriously! The Naval ships patrol the coast, due to the Naval base. Additionally, fighter jets patrol the skies. On top of that, there is a very large Coast Guard presence.



Here is a shot of the USS Mercy. This is the ship I will be working on.



Here is a shot of few more ships docked in the harbor.



Watch out for that battleship!



Dude! This bridge is HUGE!

We were unable to get into the Naval base today, because of a security issue. However, I am hearing that tomorrow we are a go at 7:30AM PST.

P.S. Miss you Butters! "You know you love me. XOXO. Gossip Girl."

0 comments: