E85 Ethanol Baby!

Monday, March 24, 2008

Work has me in Vegas this week (I know, how will I survive?). Many great things have already happened:

  1. Our flight was direct and incident-free

  2. Work is great!

  3. Alyssa is here with me!

  4. We are staying at the Palms!

  5. Its Sunny and 80 degrees all week!
This is the view from our room.


The Palms is "AWESOME" (see New Orleans Mardi Gras video)! Plus, its just far enough off "the strip" to not get caught up in the masses of people crowding the streets.

The itinerary for tonight is shopping/eating on "the strip" and perhaps some quality time in the Palms poker room.


I did notice a "sign" of our ever evolving times...


Unleaded is $3.29 9/10 per gallon

Diesel is $3.97 9/10 per gallon

E85 is only $3.16 9/10 per gallon!!!!

Now, I was always under the impression that E85 Ethanol was much more expensive than regular unleaded gasoline. In fact, whenever I meet someone with a "flex fuel" vehicle, I always ask them if they actually run E85 Ethanol. Most tell me, "No. It is too expensive."

REEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLY?

One other crazy observation I have made, in the short time we have been out here, is that the mountains surrounding Vegas are truly breathtaking (beautiful gift from God!) and they have snow!!!! Its just crazy to think I am melting down here on street level, but, if I just spy the mountain ranges, I can practically see skiers shredding the slopes (too hazy for a pic of the mountains, at this time. Maybe tomorrow?).

Alright people, work is done for today and now it is time for play!

Peace, Love, and Vegas Baby!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suspect E85 may very well be subsidized within Nevada or just the city.

As for the two of you, enjoy your time together in the city of sin (or is that New Orleans?).