Just a good ol' boy... Never meanin' no harm?

Friday, April 11, 2008

Lyss and I were driving up I-77, yesterday, when we were passed by a late model Saturn with this vanity license plate:





This driver had also methodically placed stickers, of the old Confederate states, on his bumper. I am surprised he stopped there! Why not just paint the car "construction zone" orange and slap an "01" on the side? If you are going to go, go all the way!

Sidebar: I love the Dukes, but I hate racists! Not that this guy was a racist, he probably just enjoyed the days, before the "War of Northern Aggression," of owning people and making them farm his land while he sipped mint juleps... oh wait, he was not alive back then! Did you know that it was not too long ago, in the public record, that decedents (dead people) were "leaving" their heirs (alive people) their slaves (more alive people)? Every time I check a title and come across one such document, it makes me want to spit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were the Dukes of Hazzard Raciscts?

Jimmy White said...

Anonymous: Certainly not! The Dukes were fun-lovin' bootleggers from Georgia. But the "General Lee" (the 69' Dodge Charger they drove around in) was emblazened (on its roof) with the Confederate flag. So, The question should be, whether the Confederate flag is racist.