Minneapolis: Diversity, Morbidity, "Mall of America"-ity

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Wow! That picture is poor... oh well. You see that super tall building in the middle of the skyline... apartments. Judging by my own close up inspection of the age/condition of the building... not an enjoyable place to live.

Tangent: No free wifi at the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport... dumb.

So, I was in Minneapolis on "assignment." I do have to go back the week of July 7th, therefore, if anyone would like to paint Minneapolis RED, let me know.

Anywho, I found myself not finding anything particularly appealing about Minneapolis. Sad, I know. Maybe I just did not get out, enough. I think, next time, I am going to look up The Mall of America (still the largest in America).

Tangent: Did you know that if you, as an attorney, give an oral argument in front of the U.S. Supreme Court, Justice Antonin Scalia requires that you do not use contractions. Sorry, Mr. (or Ms. or Mrs.) apostrophe creator.

One thing that did stand out about Minneapolis was the magnitude of African and Middle Eastern immigrants who call the city home. Additionally, Minneapolis is home to a very large Muslim population. Hijabs a plenty. It is enlightening, really, not many Charlotte(land) area Muslim women willing to wear their hajibs, in public, for fear of persecution... sad.

It was not until my bro-han Richard "I can run Erieblogs.com just fine sans Dennis" Zmijewski brought it to my attention that Minneapolis was home to the 35W bridge collapse (over the Mississippi) tragedy that I realized Minneapolis does have some tragic notoriety. Thanks Rich, I was perfectly fine traversing the bridges of Minneapolis until you "rang the bell." Needless to say, I'm asking TomTom to plan my routes sans bridges.

Final Tangent: bad ruling, today, by the U.S. Supreme Court... guns are for the defense of the state via militias not to be in the hands of the "people" (historical context: militias = people apart from the federal government i.e. states. people does not = individuals)... dumb.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your interpretation of the 2nd ammendment.

Anonymous said...

guns are cool.

Jimmy White said...

Anonymous: That is odd, because just the other day my interpretation told me that it loved you.

Tony: I can't g't b'h'nd y'r rulin'. It's the worst rulin' ever!

Anonymous said...

regardless of your lack of support Mr. White... guns are still cool; you can point them at burglars while dialing the police. what other inanimate object will allow you to do that?

Jimmy White said...

T-Bag: Ah, a fellow 'chucker, eh? I've got my support right here, in the form of an animate object that I could point at you as I am writing this response... Crude, I know.
Anywho, you of all people should know that deadly force in defense of property is a no no, therefore, unless your hypothetical "burglar" is a hypothetical "attempted murderer, rapist, or batterer" then you better hide in your closet and dial the police.
Guns do nothing more than ingratiate the deranged arranged among us possessed of a fetish for holding cold steel in their hands capable of ending another human beings time on this planet. More likely that hand gun you own in defense of yourself will be turned on you or accidentally discharged at someone you love... I'm sure you watch a lot of TV and/or "Theatre," but do you think you are really as good a shot as a computer animated bullet tosser on the big screen? Doubtful. Additionally, are you prepared for a gun to be pointed right back at you? Will you hesitate? Again, will you be a better shot than your target who is more likely more familiar with the "tools of his/her trade."
I recommend you CYA and run in a zig-zag pattern.

Anonymous said...

You FAILED Mr. White. I asked for you to name me an inanimate object that will protect you from the evil people of this world and you did not do so.

I win, now leave my blog before I kick you out.

Jimmy White said...

Tony: You are smarter than your comments... I beleive!