SummerSummerSummer Tiiiiiiiiime!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The scorching temps are almost over... phew! It was like people soup at the pool this weekend. Ew.

Speaking of wearing little or no clothes, I am a fan of the art of tattoo. I technically have 5 but only 4 are visible. I would consider getting another, but I, first, would want to brighten the ones I have.

Anywho, what to get? I have been mulling around two ideas or themes: Alyssa and/or Christianity. I beleieve that tattoos should represent the tattooed's life experiences. I am not a big fan of people who get tattoos to get tattoos. LET IT MEAN SOMETHING, PEOPLE!

Again, anywho, I was thinking of either "alyssa." across my shoulder blades or (my preference) a 1950s style pin-up model (naughty secretary... I know, scandalous) of Lyss.

My other idea was The Sacred Heart in the middle of my chest or perhaps on my left pectoral. Speaking of Christian tattoos, my favorite tattoo can be found on this man:



He was a guest on the TLC show "LA Ink." He is also a pastor in Atlanta, GA. This tattoo is an interpretation of Carvaggio's "Conversion of St. Paul." It is a beautiful representation. I particularly enjoy this tattoo as an allegory for my own life. Sometimes God comes into our lives with a whisper and sometimes he comes in with some good ol' shock and awe!

Indeed.

0 comments: