The Wii Fit has given mii a complex!

Monday, June 9, 2008

What did we do Sunday? Why we out-smarted the thralls of teeming Wii-thirsty droves and delightfully purchased a Wii Fit of our very own. We had the inside scoop regarding the location of a newly opened Best Buy off the radar of most of the inhabitants of the Charlotte metropolitan area (first time referred to here as "Charlotteland")

Apparently, this "game" was all the rage in Japan (not really known for having an epidemic of obesity). My wife and I, fit Americans (by our standards) thought, "why not."

Well let me tell you something, BROTHER, once I flipped the power button to the Wii balance board into the "ON" position, there was no turning back.

After answering a few questions during my personal biometric interview, it turns out that I am OVERWEIGHT WITH A BMI OVER 25 (pay no attention to that last line, Liberty Mutual Term Life Insurance representatives).

This is a disturbing measurement by my own calculated standards (I consider myself pretty fit, ,but apparently I considered incorrectly). To make matters worse, while I was convincing myself that these measurements were ridiculous, Alyssa did her biometric interview and rocked an amazing BMI of 22 (industry standard for healthy people)!

Needless to say, after working out a goal and Wii Fit routine, this game purports to have the ability to get my BMI below 22 (via virtual skiing, heading soccer balls, and working out with my virtual trainer). Well, Mr. Wii, it appears the gauntlet has been laid.

LET"S DO THIS, BROTHER!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to hear more on this Wii fit. This sounds like a video system I would actually let Luke play someday. I love how they didn't have the color white as a choice for favorite colors. You must have been stupified.

Jimmy White said...

D: They do actually have white as a favorite color (Thank God), but this web based "Mii Creator" (purely used for posting purposes) is lacking.

What is sad is that, since the Wii Fit plumped my Mii out, I switched to black for a slimming look.

The system overall gets top marks. The tennis game is a blast. Additionally, the boxing games will get your heart rate up. I am a big fan of the yoga program that comes bundles with the Wii fit. Luke might enjoy the skiing/snowboarding simulators.

Believe it or not the Wii Fit also has a jogging program that interacts with you as you run in place... as the path goes up a hill you have to run in place faster in order to keep up the same pace. The jogging path is actually quite nice... waterfalls, bridges, city streets, etc, etc.